top of page
  • How do I get to the Alabama State Veterans Memorial Cemetery?
    TheAlabama State Veterans Memorial Cemetery at Spanish Fort is located at 34904 State Highway 225. From the intersection of State Highway 31 (Spanish Fort Boulevard) and State Highway 225, travel north approximately 4.5 miles. The cemetery is located on the right side of Highway 225, directly north of East Pointe Baptist Church and Saluda Hill Cemetery.
  • How do I reserve the splash pad, pavilion, and other amenities at the Spanish Fort Town Center?"
    The park at Spanish Fort Center is privately owned and not managed by the City of Spanish Fort. Spanish Fort Center does not provide rental of the Pavilion or splash pad. The Pavilion is available for general public use on a first-come, first-served basis, but no exclusive use rights are granted. Visit the Spanish Fort Center website for more details.
  • What school district am I in? How do I get a transfer?
    Contact the Baldwin County School Superintendent’s Office at 251-937-0308 or visit their website.
  • Where do I get my driver's license?
    Contact the Alabama Department of Public Safety Driver License Division, District Office in Mobile,251-660-2330 ext. 5.
  • Where do I get my vehicle registration tag?
    Vehicles tags are issued by the Baldwin County Probate Office. Call 251-928-3002 for more information.
  • How do I register to vote?
    Contact the Board of Registrar’s Office at 251-937-0305.
  • Where is the nearest landfill?
    Magnolia Landfill, 251-988-8125, and McBride Landfill, 251-964-4229.
  • Who picks up my household garbage and debris?
    Residents within Spanish Fort city limits are serviced by Waste Pro. Service offerings and guidelines can be found HERE. For more information, please call Waste Pro at 251-653-4774 or visit their website at
  • How do I remit my sales tax?
    Contact Avenu Insights & Analytics at 800-556-7274.
  • What is the sales tax for Spanish Fort?
    Please visit the taxes and collections page by clicking here.
  • Who provides utilities?
    Spanish Fort has multiple utility providers depending on the area you live in. Please visit the Utilities and Services page for more information.
  • Can I place a yard sale sign or any other sign in public right-of-ways?
    To keep our City beautiful, our Sign Ordinance does not allow any signage in public rights-of-ways. See Ordinance 1994-20.
  • Can I stand at a major intersection to collect funds for my club/organization?
    For safety reasons, please seeOrdinance No. 412-2012, to see qualifications and requirements
  • How do I annex my property into the city?
    Contact the City Clerk at 251-626-4884 with deed information.
  • How do I request City records?
    It is the policy of the City of Spanish Fort to provide copies of public documents in an expedient manner upon request. Upon receipt of the request by the Office of the City Clerk, the request is normally handled within seven working days. Such requests, particularly those involving a large volume of information, must be handled on a time-available basis so as not to compromise the City’s day-to-day operations. To request records, a Request for City Records form must be completed, signed, and submitted in person to the office of the City Clerk. The City assesses a reproduction fee as follows: $1.00 per page for records $25.00 for a copy of the City's Subdivision Regulations $35.00 for the Comprehensive Plan $10.00 for a Zoning map Due to the recent adoption of numerous amendments, the Spanish Fort Zoning Ordinance is currently unavailable for purchase. However, copies of various sections of the Zoning Ordinance may be requested, as needed. A link to the City's Comprehensive Plan may be found HERE. Reasonable public access shall be granted to view records under the supervision of an employee in the City Clerk’s office. Notice: Under Alabama law, e-mail are public records. If you do not want your e-mail released to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact the office by phone or in writing.
  • How do I get a business license to operate in Spanish Fort?
    If you or your business conduct business activity within the corporate limits of the City of Spanish Fort, you are required to have a valid and current Business License on file with the City. Licenses must be renewed each year. See Ordinance No. 476-2014, as amended by Ordinance No. 605-2022. ​ An application for a City of Spanish Fort Business License may be obtained by contacting the City Clerk at the Administrative Department at 251-626-4884, or you may download the 2023 Business License Application Form. Food trucks wishing to operate within the city limits of Spanish Fort must also submit a Food Truck Permit Application with the Business License Application. Effective January 1, 2023, the Business License fee is $114.00 per calendar year, which includes a $14 issuance fee. The Business License fee is prorated to $64.00 after July 1st. A penalty fee shall be added to the business license fee, should a business conduct business activity in the City prior to obtaining a business license. The originally-executed and signed business license application form shall be remitted with payment to: City of Spanish Fort 7361 Spanish Fort Boulevard Spanish Fort, Alabama 36527 Accepted forms of payment are checks, cashier's checks, or money orders, payable to the City of Spanish Fort. Credit cards are also accepted and require a 4 % processing fee. Only the original business license application will be accepted. No facsimile, email, or photocopy of a business license application shall be accepted. ​ Receipt of an application form by City staff will initiate the process of registering your business with the City of Spanish Fort. Applications for businesses having a physical address within the corporate limits of the City will be reviewed to be sure that the type of business activity complies with all applicable laws of the City. For confirmation of the zoning district in which your business will be located, or to confirm whether or not your business is located within the corporate limits of the City, please contact the City Clerk at 251-626-4884. Business license renewals for the following year are mailed out the first week of December. Renewals are due January 1st and are considered delinquent after February 15th, with the exception of insurance company licenses. Insurance company license renewals are mailed out the first week of January. They are due February 1st and considered delinquent after March 1st. ​ For questions regarding business licenses, email
bottom of page